How is Weight Watchers different from any other diet?

I've heard a lot of people say that they've had success with weight watchers. I'm just curious about what makes it different from any other diet where you watch your calorie, fat, carb. intake.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 11:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Weight Watchers teaches you how to eat, not just what to eat. It's about self control which most people lack when it comes to food. I actually found a product that gives me that control it can even help people on weight watchers.
    BettyBoots

Answer by BettyBoots at 12:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I did very well with Weight Watchers. Instead of the other diets where you eat their pre-made and pre-measured food, Weight Watchers teaches you how to control your portions with food that you make yourself or buy from a restuarant. I couldn't believe how much I was eating compared to what a normal portion size was ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Weight watchers is about money. You buy their products and it works out much more expensive.

There are plenty of diets out there that promote weight loss but do not encourage buying their products

http://www.stripthatfatnow.com/Diets/WeightLossPrograms.html
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• yes it definatley helps you realize how to use self control. I learned that probably the first day i did it. I ate something without looking at the points until after words, and then realized it was almost half my points. It is a very easy diet though, and the thing about the cost is incorrect. I never signed up for it or anything, I bought their calculator and a book off ebay and thats all i needed. they do offer snacks and foods at the grocery stores but you dont HAVE to buy those if you dont want to. I did have a lot of success with smart ones though, they are very good and only a couple points. I would definatley suggest it though!
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• *the calculator is super nice too! you just type in ur # of points for the day, then throughout the day enter the calories, grams of fat and grams of fiber and you can choose to use those points or not. The book is just to help you see your number of points (which i end up almost never using all of mine) and it has the number of points for regular foods like fruits and pastas and things that dont always have nutrition info on them. if you buy either from weightwatchers there only $10.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 6:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• WW does not have to be expensive, eating healthy in general is expensive that's why do many people in the world today are over weight. I had a friend of mine email me the important info from the ww book (the food and points) I have lost over 13lbs and kept it off! The goal is to loose 1 -2 lbs a week and it will stay off. WW teaches you what to eat and the portion size that you should be eating, I counted points for about a month and then I knew what was good and what is not. It's a lifestyle and it doesn't have to be expensive be creative ask around for someone who would be willing to email you the points and foods.
    determind

Answer by determind at 12:22 PM on Oct. 30, 2008