Any further info to help get my daughter back?

thnx so much for the responses to my other question. My question this time regards TX state laws: if the biological father never signed an Acknowledgement of Paternity, or the birth certificate, nor filed the DNA test with the TX Paternity Registry, does that mean hes not the legal father? &If hes not does he have any rights? the dna test was done through a private venue if that makes a diffrence. Also whats the diffrence between a biological and legal father?

WonderMom2008

Asked by WonderMom2008 at 4:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• No legally he is not,unless dna says otherwise.
    Anonymous

• IF the DNA test was not submitted to a court to change the birth certificate and not filed then no..legally he is not the father and doesnt have rights. Legally means its on paper its in the courts and on the birth certicate..biologically just means genetically hes the other half of ur childs DNA.

My sons biological father does have any LEGAL rights to our son. because he is not on the birth certificate and didnt sign the AOP
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 4:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• IF there was a DNA test he doesn't have to file it with anyone. I would just go to court, you will have to file for custody in TX. A judge can decide that if you want custody you have move to TX or you may end up with visitation. Either way, you don't know if he has filed for custody either, the police will not do anything and for him to get custody all he has to say is you left him, whether true or not. Women do this all the time and the father ends up with just visits. Right now, you need to get some kind of order from a judge or he can have your parental rights terminated for abandonment.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Everyone is going to give you advice from their state, I live in TX. My sister had her son's BF's visitation one Thursday per month for 3 supervised hours. He couldn't show up because "they didn't know where he was." Just because when you sent the child with him he wasn't her "legal father" doesn't mean a judge hasn't already given him custody.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A bioligical father is the one who's sperm got you pregnant, who's DNA a child has. A legal father is who legally the father - whether it's the bio, step, adopted...
    Anonymous

• no he isnt! There is no proof! My sons dad hates that fact too...lol
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010