How can I get my husband to stop being so childish? He is like an overgrown 3 yearold and im 6 months pregnant. I don't think i can hadle having to take care of him and the baby at the same time...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Stop taking care of him like he's a baby. He'll keep wanting you to for as long as you do it.

When people have no opportunity to find out they can manage something (including surviving making mistakes) they resist doing it, because they're afraid of failing. But if they have to, because no one else will do it for them, they soon discover they're a lot more capable than they feared.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My Dad used to cook, clean and do his own laundry. After he met my mom, she used to trip over herself to do it for him. Now he's retired, she's still working and does not understand why he can't take care of himself. Uhhh...you trained him that way?? She still does it. If she will be working late, she will cook a meal the night before for him to heat up. When she goes away for the day, the same thing or she will ask me to invite him over for dinner. Then she wants to complain about it. I told her 'tell him to do it himself, he's capable." That's what I'm telling you. Tell him to take care of himself, he's capable.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010