Baby Girl name advice!!

So we are having are first baby girl in january and are looking at some names. These names are kind of different and i wanted some opinions. please tell me what your first impression is and then your opinion on the name. Feel free to even put them in the order you like best, or if you know any unique pretty girl names. Thanks
Arwen
Ariana
Willow
Freya

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Baby Names

• They all seem like fantasy names --the kind of thing I'd expect to read in The Neverending Story or Lord of the Rings. I like them all, they're very feminine without being babyish or super-girly. Having known a woman named Cindy-Lou (actually) who was 6'3" and about 240... I think names need to be able to grow up with women, not just be girly.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Arwen-3rd
    Ariana-2nd
    Willow-1st
    Freya-4th

I Love Willow and Ariana, I can imagine an adorable little girl and a strong woman in both of those names, which I think is important in naming kids.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Arwen= I'm not a fan of, it sounds a lot like it's male counter part.

Ariana= I actually use to love this name, but it's become soo popular that I'm loosing my interest in it.

Willow= Cute but not sure it's a good first name, I like it as a middle name

Freya= Different, yet cute. It's a name that sticks with you without leaving a bad taste, I like it.

Freya Willow is honestly my favorite of the combinations.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Arwen makes me think of Lord of the Rings, but it is a very pretty, very gentle name so I like that. Ariana makes me think of a rather troubled girl I went to high school with - it's not my favorite name, but I like this spelling of it better than when it has two n's. Willow makes me worry that if she's tall at all she'll get teased about being a tree, and though it could be a nice name for some, I'm just not really enthused by it. Freya is a fun name and I do like it - definitely quite unique. So.... the order I would put them in from my favorite to least favorite is: Arwen, Freya, Ariana, and Willow. Another name that might fit in with what you're considering is Aurora.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i like ariana & willow
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have a 6 year old daughter named Willow!! I love love love the name! So Willow gets my vote! Her middle name is Kate, but spelled Kait!
    willkanmom

Answer by willkanmom at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Arwen reminds me of lord of the rings, I really like it, but am not sure I would name a baby that.
    Ariana is nice.
    Willow I like too, but as a middle name.
    Freya....I actually like that a lot.

Iamamama

Answer by Iamamama at 5:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Willow
    Ariana
    Arwen--this names make me think of the name Wren. I like that one better than Arwen.
    Freya
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 6:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My favorites of the ones you've listed are Arwen and Ariana (I just think they're pretty).

I'm not as fond of Willow or Freya, but that's just me. My initial reaction was just "Nah."

I do think Arwen Freya is kind of pretty.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 6:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Ariana (1)
    Willow (2)
    Arwen (3)
    Freya
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 10:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010