How can I get my newborn daughter to stop being scared of my husband? He has hair to his shoulders and all she does is pull on it and point at his tattoos and cry

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just so you know, newborns are not capable of such a thing.
    Anonymous

• Awwww....I would be scared too ! I think he should get a haircut. Where are his tattoos?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 4:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• She's a newborn and she's pulling hair and pointing at tatoos? Newborns aren't old enough to be scared of anyone. Anyway, if she's been around him all of her life then she should be used to what he looks like and wouldn't be scared. She probably is going through a stage where she only likes certain people, or you. I would say just be patient with her and have him keep trying.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• How old is she? If she's a newborn, she may just be colicky. If she's a few months old, and he hasn't been around since she was born, she may not be used to him yet. As long as he keeps calm around her, loves her, and is gentle, she'll warm up in a hurry.
    Reenieredhead

Answer by Reenieredhead at 4:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Newborns can not see that well to see him or his tattoos. They do not have very good motor skills so the hair pulling and pointing is her just flailing her arms. But she does know some one but you is holding her. He need to hold her more. Then she will stop crying when he holds her.

Answer by louise2 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I was going to say the same thing as the first anon, newborns don't point, and cry and if he is pulling dads hair is purely reflex!

Answer by older at 4:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My DD wasn't very fond of her daddy at first either. (Which was wierd cuz my boys LOVED him from day one) Here's what I noticed. HE was uncomfortable with her so she sensed that and would cry when he held her. When he got over the awe of it being a lil girl and he started changing diapers and having extra cuddle time she warmed up to him. Newborns, children, maybe even adults sense your feelings and play off of them. As far as the tattoos and long hair..maybe you are the one who sees she is upset and b/c these things maybe bother you you assume they would bother her but my husband is tatted up too and my kids find them facinating and beutiful.
    Darlinree

Answer by Darlinree at 6:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Harmony does that now she loves the SO
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010