SHOULD I STAY WITH HIM OR BE A SINGLE MOMMY

i AM 17 YRS. I HAVE BEEN WITH MY BF SINCE 2ND YEAR IN H.S I GRADUATED THIS YEAR ...WE HAVE A 4 MONTH OLD BABY AND I FEEL LIKE WE DONT GET ALONG ANYMORE IT SEEMS LIKE WE ARE ONLY SEX BUDDIES HE DOESNT WANT ME TO HAVE FRIENDS...AND THE COUPLE THAT I HAVE HE DOESNT LET ME GO OUT WITH THEM...HE IS EXTREMELY JELOUS HE THINKS IM A WHORE WELL HE SAYS ALL WOMEN ARE WHORES ...EVEN WHEN I WAS PREGNANT HE INSULTED ME A LOT I CRIED A LOT DURING MY PREGNANCY BECAUSE OF HIM... HIS MOM DOESNT WANT US TO SPLIT UP BECAUSE OF THE BABY BUT I DONT THINK IT WOULD BE HEALTHY TO STAY TOGETHER MY PARENTS N THE OTHER HAND SAID THEY WOULD SUPPORT ME ON ANY DECISIONS I DECIDE TO MAKE...I HAVE TOLD HIM THAT ITS OVER BUT HE THREATENS ME SAYING HE IS GOING TO TAKE THE BABY WITH HIM AND I CAN JUST GO VISIT HIM CAN HE DO THAT??? I THOUGH THE MOM WOULD GET TO KEEP THE BABY .....P.S. HIS MOM SHOULDN'T TELL ME SHIT ABOUT NOT LEAVING HIM SHE LEFT HER FIRST HUSBAND MY BOYFRIENDS DAD...WHAT SHOULD I DO ....

apple-bee-13

Asked by apple-bee-13 at 2:28 AM on Jul. 3, 2008 in Relationships

• take your baby and leave his dumb ass he thinks he can trap you!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• WELL I'M 17 YEARS OLD TOO AND I HAD A BOYFRIEND LIKE THAT. I'M EXPECTING A BABY GIRL SOON AND I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE HIM BECAUSE MY EX-BOYFRIEND DID THE SAME EXACT THING BUT I'M STILL PREGNANT. LIKE HE CALLED ME NAMES, HE THREATENS ME, HE SAYS SOME NASTY STUFF AGAINST ME, I LOSS HALF OF MY FRIENDS JUST BECAUSE OF HIM, I'M NOT ALLOWED TO TALK TO ANY GUYS OR IT WOULD BE OVER BETWEEN ME AND HIM, SO I STOP TALKING TO THEM. AND IT JUST HURTS LIKE HELL. sO I THINK YOU SHOULD LEAVE HIM BECAUSE HE'S ONLY MAKING YOU FEEL LIKE SHIT AND IT AIN'T WORTH STAYING WITH HIM. I WAS SCARED TO LEAVE HIM BECAUSE HE CAN TAKE AWAY MY BABY. BUT AS LONG YOU HAVE GOOD FRIEND AND FAMILY HE CAN'T TAKE AWAY YOUR BABY. YOU'LL NEED TO FIGHT FOR YOUR 4 MONTH OLD CHILD. NOT FIST FIGHT BUT GET A REALLY GOOD LAWYER AND PUT HIS ASS ON CHILD SUPPORT. FOR HIS MOTHER, WHAT THE MOM SAID IS TRUE BUT IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON THEN SHE SHOULD ZIP THE LIP.
    kalily08

Answer by kalily08 at 6:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• if he is putting you down like that then I'd leave. As long as you are being a good mom to your child then there is no way he take your child away. It will be a great help to since your family is being very supportative.
    dragonbabe

Answer by dragonbabe at 8:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• He is emotionally abusive, and has no self asteem. He is breaking you down to feel as worthless about yourself as he dose himself. Leave before it gets to that point. Once you get there you won't be able to leave. Next the abuse goes to the baby. Leave now.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 10:08 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Walk away. You don't need that in your life, and neither does your daughter. He can't take her away from you unless he can prove you an unfit mother. Forget him; do what's best for you.
    munchkin1007

Answer by munchkin1007 at 10:15 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• If he telling you now that what can or cannot do & already degrading you, your best bet is to go now. It is much easier when the baby is this young, because fortunately for him/her, they won't remember it. Trust me sweetie I have been there & it doesn't get any better. You have to stop it now. One more thing, he would have to prove you an unfit parent in order to take the baby from you & let's face it, that will be REALLY hard for him to. Ultimately it is your choice & this is ONLY my opinion.
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 10:35 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• Have you considered couples counseling/therapy?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• This is emotional abuse. He won't stop and most likely things will only get worse. As your baby gets older, he will probably begin to abuse the baby too - or worse, the baby will grow up thinking it's OK to abuse other people.

Yes, usually the courts give custody to the mom, especially when she can show a pattern of abuse. Contact your local police department and ask for help. At the very least, they will file a report and direct you to a shelter. The report will come in handy if you end up in court or need to file a restraining order later.

You deserve a MUCH better guy then this. For your baby, no dad is MUCH better than such a crappy guy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• This is your decision of course but i think you are still young and you can make a better life for yourself and child.
    GoldieLocks18

Answer by GoldieLocks18 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 3, 2008

• he cant just take the baby from you... check your state laws... here in ohio, if you are unmarried at the time of the birth then the mother has full custody of the child unless the court would rule her an unfit mother (and that is very hard to do) you have support from your family and friends.. dont stay in a relationship just because of the baby.. i've seen alot of girls stay in relationships due to the same reasons and the jealousy turned into something alot worse.. do what is best for you and your baby
    mfialdrdickhaus

Answer by mfialdrdickhaus at 12:07 PM on Jul. 3, 2008