Should I switch my son's counselor?

He is 6 y.o w/ mood disorder. Going to the same counselor for 3 yrs., and has not made much progress if any. Current counselor is a 1/2 hour ride. The one I am thinking about is 3 min. away. Current one knows us well. Knows that he is not a bad kid, I am not a bad parent... just my son has issues. Takes good notes,helped us get him aproved for SSI... recently quit my job and might need some paperwork filled out stating why I can not work. She will fill it out because she knows the problems that my son has at school, home and how it effects my job. The new counselor would save us gas money. ds needs his psych meds. New psychiatrist has a waiting list. Current counselor does not talk with the school, new one has a whole program connecting home/school. Which is the best option?

jlemaycox

Asked by jlemaycox at 11:10 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in General Parenting

• Hope on the waiting list and continue going to your current counselor until the new one has an opening for you, I would think would be the best solution.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2008