How long did TTC take????

agarner1

Asked by agarner1 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• For me it took a year with my first. I heard about using something called an Instead cup and got pregnant the first time I used it. When I was ready to try again I used the Instead cup again and got pregnant on the first try. People say it doesn't work, but I'm convinced it did for me. I also charted my temperatures and used ovulation predictor kits, but I had been doing that for 6 months with no success before I tried the cups.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Never long for us, thankfully. Our first was a surprise, no trying to it. We tried for 2 months and then got pregnant but very sadly, we lost the baby. I got pregnant very soon after miscarrying, around a month, the doc asked us to wait 3 normal cycles. That baby is 4 now! Then we got pregnant with our last one, a boy, the month I went off the pill. He's 16 months now.

I have known couples that try 6 months or longer, some get pregnant right off the bat.

I wish you all the best and hope it happens soon for you!
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A perfectly healthy couple with no issues can take up to a year and a half. It depends on the individual(s) . Once I unblocked my tubes I was pregnant the next month. My kids are about three years apart and there was one miscarriage. But that's just me. You can be totally different.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• When we got pregnant with our son, we weren't TTC, but we weren't not TTC. We just did everything you're supposed to do to conceive, and if it happened great, if not, no biggie. We got pregnant in the 2nd month of that. With our 2nd baby, we kind of half-assed the Dr. Shettles method (we were trying for a girl). When we didn't get preggers the first month we said screw it and just TTC everyday of my next ovulation cycle. We not only got pregnant, but we got our girl too. =)

Not everyone is so lucky though....one of my closest friends has been trying for almost a year now and still no baby. I'm going to ask her if she's heard of the Instead cup Mybella81 mentioned.
    HaydensMama07

Answer by HaydensMama07 at 5:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• For me it took 3 months. And thats after having a IUD in for 4 1/2 years with out a period.
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• So far been TTC 5 1/2 years and counting!
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Our first one was immediate, and totally unplanned. When my daughter was around 4 months old, we tried again, because we wanted them within a year of each other (we are crazy, i know lol) . It took around 3 months to conceive. Now they are exactly 13 months apart.
    Becca1189

Answer by Becca1189 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I'm very fertile so it took one to get pregnant for both my son and the child I'm carrying now.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• years
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:52 AM on Oct. 11, 2010

• 2 yrs and counting
    Jersey81

Answer by Jersey81 at 5:37 PM on Oct. 19, 2010