I have a babygirl that just turned 2 and she suddenly wants nothing to do with her father. I've tried everything I could think of and nothing works. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Was she closed before? or was she never close? try to find out why? ask her why? at 2 she might give you a clue.

Answer by older at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Something could be going on. Maybe he punished her and she is still holding a grudge (can 2 y/o's do that???)... or (hoping not) abused her. Even at 2 y/o, children start learning what is right and wrong, etc.
    cassiesarcher

Answer by cassiesarcher at 5:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My son is 3, and has gone through this phase several times. daddy asks for a hug, and DS runs the other way. It is his coping mechanism for not seeing his father when he works a lot. When DH is off work for a few days, he regains his son's affections, and then when he goes back to work it starts all over. It's hard on daddy more than it is on DS. He loves his son, and he's working to provide for him. Someday, DS will appreciate that, but right now, he's confused as to why daddy disappears for 5 out of 7 days a week. (He sleeps days and works nights, so when he's working, he really doesn't see him.)
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010