I am mortified, How do i explain this? adult content

My husband and i spent some time together last nite while my son was at a sleepover, and when he came home today, he had went to watch the tv and we had left the XXX movie out. Our son picks it up and hands it to me saying um mom this was left out, that is just nasty. I quickly responded by saying i have no idea where it came from it must be your dad's ( i completely threw him under the bus). i know that this is not the end of it and i know that eventually we will have to explain ourselves. Is this a horrible memory that will be burned into his mind forever?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Hugs
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• How old is your son? He seemed to know what it was about. I would have thought he would have been embarassed and kept his mouth closed. It might be a good time for a father-son talk.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• How old is your son??

Answer by older at 4:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You do not need to explain anything. You already did. You blamed it on his Dad. Depending on how old he is. He might not even remember tomorow. I would not say any thing else about it. You need to tell you DH about what happened so he is up to spead on it. So he wont get slaped with it if it does come up later and he does not know what you said to him(the son).

Answer by louise2 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• IT'S OK IT CAUGHT YOU OFF GUARD. WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HORRIBLE MEMORY IS OF YOUR SON CATCHING YOU AND HUBBY MAKING A PORN. LOL HE WILL BE OK.
    MOMMYRICE866

Answer by MOMMYRICE866 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Ha ha! Ooops.

How old's the kid?

Because I'm like that, I'd probably have blushed for a week, and said 'busted!' took them out of his hands and made it clear that they belong in my room.

Yes, he'll probably be uncomfortable about this for a good long time. It's fairly horrifying for most kids to realize their parents 'do that' by choice, even when they're not actually trying to make a baby. Eventually they find a place to store the creepy thoughts about that, and then come to see you both as whole humans outside your role as Mom and Dad.

He'll get over it. Imagine if it had been his grandparents!
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 4:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He is 9.
    hollieshobbie

Answer by hollieshobbie at 4:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He will remember, but when he sorts it out, it will not be a burning memory, or do any damage, don't worry, just be more careful next time.

Answer by older at 4:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• 9, sorry he will remember. But if you just do not bring it up again. He probably not either.   Your just going to have to wing it.

Answer by louise2 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Next time, be honest. He's a growing boy, and will soon have tons of questions about sexuality, if he doesn't already. Approach it with honesty, and let him know that his parents ARE sexual people, and that he CAN talk to you about it, so when his questions do come, he comes to you, instead of experimenting on his own.

He knows what pornography is, by the sounds of it. He will come to terms with his parents being "active" on his own. You don't need to justify yourself to him. He's only 9, and he's not your father.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010