How many presents do you get your kids for Christmas?

I usually do 3 each and one thing that they can play together.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Shopping

• 4.
    Something you want, something you need, something to wear, and something to read (basically).
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 4:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If have such an age range we don't go by the amount of gifts or the price. It is soley based on each child.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• For us, it's not the amount of presents, it the cost. We put aside a set amount each year on the kids and then we choose gifts from there.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• *We* have such an age range....
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I like WomanWitty's response...might keep that in mind this year. Until now, we've just had one little boy. Our first year, we couldn't afford much, so we bought him an outfit, and a few small toys at the family dollar. His second year, we could afford a little more, so he got a few books, an outfit or two, some hats and gloves, and one or two toys. Last year, we could afford a lot more..and he was spoiled rotten with toys. A lot of what helped was a family friend donating her older boy's clothing. I didn't have to buy him any of the necessities last year, and this year only have to do the basics. He needs socks, hats and gloves, and one pair of winter boots. I'm hoping he gets those before christmas tho. We go with what we can afford.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A gift from us, about $20 worth of odds and ends for the stockings, a Santa present, and Christmas Eve book & pjs.

Our kids were snowed under at Christmas and birthdays, because when they were little they had 5 living great-grandmothers, and three living grandmothers, along with a set of aunts and uncles... so I never felt that it was our job to help them feel spoiled.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Two, one from mom one from dad. When I was a child my dad went all out every year. We would get like 20 items each (3 kids). He went into copious amounts of debt for xmas. We ended up expecting it every year. Now that I have my own family I feel horrible about that. I don't want my daughter to become spoiled and EXPECT things for christmas. Thats not even the point of the holiday =/
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 5:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i have a certain amount I spend on her not how many presents.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 3:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I start in February and go until November, whoever many I get is what they get. Usually because I buy a huge amount in February and then buy more each month they end up with about 15-20. Unless they are expensive.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:37 AM on Oct. 10, 2010