I've seen some people saying that their children are scared of their husbands/boyfriends because they had tattoos. My boyfriend has tattoos and his lip and nose pierced, do you think that will be a problem with our baby when it's born?

Nikie352

Asked by Nikie352 at 4:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I know plenty of pierced, tatooed men and women who have no problem with their babies.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I do not think it will be if he is around the baby all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 4:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No... Don't believe everything people tell you when you're pregnant.. Your baby's going to love both of you no matter what.. She/He won't be scared, that's just silly...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Kids who are afraid of those things aren't used to them or have had a trauma involving someone tattooed. Actually, my ex was a piercer when DD1 was in Kindergarten. The DARE officer came for Stranger Danger day. He taught the kids that people with tattoos and piercings are strangers that need to be avoided. Yup, both parents and most of everyone she knew. Asshole.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• no
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yea becuase my boyfriend was freaking out. "what if she doesn't like me? What if she's scared of me? Then she won't want anything to do with me" i have a fair amout of tattoos and piercings also so I was worried too.
    Nikie352

Comment by Nikie352 (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My husband and I are both tattooed, and I have many piercings, and my kids have never been afraid of them....it's all they know.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You should be fine :) Baby doesnt know any different when he/she comes out. My husband has tattoos. Our daughter tries to pick them off lol.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 5:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• That is the only way they'll be used to their daddy looking so it is all they will know and there wont be an issue.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 5:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Not at all. Kids only react to people based upon their parents perception of those people.
    And naturally a baby born into a Tattoo family will love and accept Tattoos! :)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 7:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010