Halloween costume dilemma...

My 10yo son is having issues with his halloween costume. I told my kids I am not purchasing costumes this year and he is having trouble coming up with a costume.
He has sensory issues and wants everything perfect. He was so frustrated last night he was in tears. Any suggestions on homemade costumes??

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• scarecrow, or wolfman, old man. mummy.

for a kid who wants perfect a mummy is great. have him wear light clothes and trar up an old sheet and wrap him if the strips start to drap that just makes an even cooler mummy and asd it gets dirty that is creepy too.

does he like a sport then make him a dead what ever. I had a zombie cubscout come to my house and it was creepy. put on his uniform rub a bit of white makeup on to look pale but not white. make dark circles around his eyes anf dark triangles on his cheeks under cheekbones.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:24 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Homemade costumes are the best! What does he like? Dracula is easy, just get an old high school graduation gown, get some fake teeth and viola! Dress him up in a suit and tie and let him be a businessman... All brown--with boxes.. UPS man.. Get a T-shirt, put some iron on letters across the back, FBI, Police, whatever...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Punk rocker is way fun you can get ripped pants and shirt get clip earrings and put on in your nose get a mohack or spary your hair a different color
    tryingmom203

Answer by tryingmom203 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• My 5th grade 10yo this year just wanted a Halloween T-shirt and we are doing his face white and bloody no particular theme but halloween dress up since I refuse to do the masks. they are expensive and hard to breathe through and well, when I did get hem they didn't wear them.
    I get you on the sensory perfection issue as I am one like that you should see what my kids go through getting their Halloween make-up on LOL this year I am even letting them go through our 3 block neighborhood alone (at 6 pm) to start their night off.Then we are a family, then they are invited to a friends party overnight~We'll see how it goes
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:09 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I forgot to add tht last year my son was camoflauge guy, Used his camo clothes he already had then camo'd his face the face paint kit was $1.99 He loved it and other commented so it must have been good!!!Simple face paint to do just a total green then black outlines then fill in a couple of the "boxes" with another colour yelow and red and another greeny color~you can bulk up under the camo clothes for nighttime use.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 1:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008