Any ideas for nutritious, yummy, easy dinner my 2 y/o will eat with me?

I'm thinking casserole, but not sure what to make.

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 4:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Most kids love soup and almost any kind. Macaroni casserole and you can add any kind of meat you like and lots of veggies. Breakfast for dinner-kids love that, eggs, sausage, toast, veggies.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My 22 month old likes almost everything. But faves are cereal, chili, mac n cheese, dino shaped chicken nuggets. And fries. And what ever sweets he can get his mouth around.
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My children at that age wouldn't eat a casserole. They wanted to know exactly what they were eating. For example I tried chili out and my son sat there and separated the beans and the meat into two piles. LOL. Anyway, chicken nuggets seem to go over, possibly pasta with cheese sauce or tomato, it depends upon the child, hot dogs, etc. The nuggets don't necessarily have to be from a fast food restaurant. Kids that small like very simple foods to start out with since it is all new to them.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My 2 yo son loves pasta salad with cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, shredded cheese and pimentos in italian dressing.

Answer by missanc at 5:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My oldest (who is 24 now) used to eat anything, thank goodness, so dinner was easy, but my middle son (21 now) was very picky so we ate a lot of pasta, I would buy different shapes and he loved that and we ate a lot of tacos. He loved roast beef although getting him to eat veggies was next to impossible. I had to give him these vitamins from the health food store (think they were called Kid Greens or something) so he could get the nutrition. He would actually throw up in his plate if we made him eat vegetables. Now that he's older though, he eats just about anything
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 6:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• mac n cheese casserole- use real velveeta, elbow noodles, top with italian bread crumbs
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010