My daughter has a new boyfriend and wants my granddaughter to call him daddy. This is confusing my granddaughter. What do you think?

dgall3

Asked by dgall3 at 4:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• If your granddaughters father is in the picture, you should have a chat with him. It is his place to say something. Yes, it would confuse the child and of course, you being the grandmother, you are worried. I hope soon your daughter will find the right one so your granddaughter can be in a stable enviroment.
    MaggiePoo88

Answer by MaggiePoo88 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Hmm. I totally do not agree with this because it will def. confuse her. She is going to grow up thinking she has had 10 Daddy's. I think that "Daddy" should be saved for someone that will be IN her life long term - someone that will make an impact on her life. BUT... this is JMO! :)
    cassiesarcher

Answer by cassiesarcher at 4:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think your child shouldnt call someone their dad unless that is their dad...or if the person has been in her life long enough to prove that he is a good father figure,it seems your daughter is the type to claim every dude she dates as her daughters dad,which is very stupid to me
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think she'll be confused by her mother's promiscuity, not matter what she's asked to call the rotating Uncle Daddy Men. The naming is entirely secondary to the real problem.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My SO and I have agreed if we ever split up we aren't going to bring the bf gf around until we are sure they are staying.
    preciouschild

Answer by preciouschild at 10:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Even though you do not like it. You can not really do much about it.

Answer by louise2 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Unles your DD and her new boyfriend get married then her DD should just call him by his name...and if her daddy is still around then she already has a daddy.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Until there is talk of marriage (serious, planning talk) she should not call him daddy. He's not daddy and hasn't had enough time to fill the role, if he's a new guy.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A new relationship, too early to be calling him daddy.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think your dd should stop that nonsense

Answer by admckenzie at 5:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010