My 3 y/o son was sitting on my lap and when my husband came home he went to kiss my stomach and our son pushed his face away. When I asked him why he did that he said because "he will hurt the new baby!" how can I explain to my son that it's ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have your son touch your belly, and show him that it doesn't do anything. Explain to him that Mommy's belly protects the new baby from harm, so daddy can kiss you, and so can he, without harming the baby. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Tell him kisses never hurt babies

Answer by admckenzie at 5:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• "Kisses don't hurt" and show him ... no further explanation is necessary.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 5:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You need to found out if your son is already jealous of the new baby. He is 3 and already knows that kisses don't hurt, so there must be an underlying reason. Maybe if your husband gives your son and huge hug and kiss and then asks permission to give the baby love too, your son will feel that he still has power.
    Bagofwind

Answer by Bagofwind at 5:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• tell ur husband first ,to show some love to ur first son nd work with him on the bond with the baby.luck
    ivette0423

Answer by ivette0423 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010