so i live on MIL'S & FIL's farmland, they have some sheds that drive me nuts cause its full of ''stuff"....

that MIL just uses as storage and there's no doors to it as it would just need to stay open anyway, the sheds are nothing special to look at though, they are pretty close to my house and i want to make a cute yard...so how do i put it " out of sight, out of mind" sort of thing? i was thinking a cute fence to block it off???

anyone stuck in this situation too?

americansugar80

Asked by americansugar80 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Arborvitaes! Fast growing evergreen shrubs that conceal any ugliness! Plant them relatively close together and about 10 feet in front of the sheds, so you can't see the sheds yet still have access to them. Then I would make a little garden in front of the evergreen backdrop--flagstone/brick patio, a couple of lounge chairs with floral cushions, freestanding umbrella small side table and a few colorful perennials. :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:41 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• I agree to the cute fence

Answer by admckenzie at 5:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Cute fence with tall fragrant flowers as a back drop between the cute fence and the shed. You could also put ivy out to grow on the shed, paint a mural on it...decorate the shed as a land scape, incorporate it somehow in stead of treating it as an insult. I dont know...Im just guessing...LOL! Cute fence!!!! why not.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Not stuck in that situation, but you could build a wall just in front of the shed, and decorate it with seasonal stuff. Give plenty of space for someone to get in and out of it as necessary. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• well i was thinking i could paint the shed too...thats a good idea! i like the wall idea too but like a rock wall? thats cute too!! wow good ideas!!
    americansugar80

Comment by americansugar80 (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010