Should i prewash all of my baby's clothes?

MommyBrendaBeer

Asked by MommyBrendaBeer at 5:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• if u kno the person who gave it to u and u kno what detergent they use, then there's no need. but store bought clothes or consigner or clothes from ppl who smoke should be washed.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 5:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• YES!!! I never trust "factory clean", especially for a newborn. Better safe than sorry. Sometimes the clothes may have a pin left behind, washing and drying will pull it out.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes, yes and yes. People have touched them over and over at the store, fingering through to find the right size or if they like it. Kids may have touched them as they were strolling through aisles. Not to mention, it just helps when you go to do wash you don't accidentally throw something that might bleed in with other clothes if you know you've already done it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes!
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 5:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yes I alwasy do. It doesn't matter if it is new or used.
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 5:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• All new clothing has sizing and heavens know what else put on them at the factory. Use a 'free and clear' wash soap to aviod any allergies for at least the first 6 months (according to our Pediatricians recommendation)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It never hurts to wash it, but not washing it could give your baby a cold, or rash.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have since I want to make sure no one gets a reaction to the fabric. A lot of handling is involved when you get the clothes. To me it's just an added precaution and then also I can be sure that the color is steadfast as well.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I wash all new clothes regardless if they are my daughter's, mine, or my husband's.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I did for two reasons: the first reason all the PPS already mentioned. My second reason is that I found that he would finally fit into something and I would wash it and he was almost too big suddenly. I started pre washing them just to shrink them to the size they would be so I could better judge when they fit.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010