Wal-Mart or Publix?

Okay my nearest Publix is 40 min away. Wal-Mart is a bit over 10 min away. Would it be worth it to shop at Publix? Any thoughts?

nkkk07

Asked by nkkk07 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Shopping

• I've never been, nor heard about a Publix... Unfortunately, I do Walmart at least once a day... Ugh... the lines.....
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Publix isn't nationwide, unfortunately. I know them thru my husband who is a truckdriver,so for me its Walmart
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 1:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Publix has great fresh fruit and veggies whereas Walmart has terrible produce imo. If money is an issue, Walmart is a lot cheaper unless Publix has a good sale. Walmart used to carry the cheese I like but now only Publix carries it so I have to go to Publix at least once a month now. I think Publix is cleaner and I never have to fight to get through an aisle filled with boxes of food being put up on the shelves. Publix employees are very friendly and helpful. I never stand in long lines at Publix. So it's more of how you want to be treated and the convenience of getting to the quality food. Not quite sure I'd drive an extra 30 min to get to Publix though.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I shop at Publix, it's about the same distance from me as Walmart. I go to Walmart about once every month or two for some things Publix doesn't have, like Banquet Fried Chicken. I prefer the Publix b/c on some stuff it's cheaper, but also it's cleaner and less busy than our Walmart, and the stockpeople, etc. are a lot more helpful, and try to stay out of the way of the shoppers. Honestly, I'd drive farther to get to the Publix, just b/c I live by a retirement community and our Walmart is ALWAYS packed with old people out for Sunday strolls, and I meant that literally. Every time I go there, it's filled with old people just wandering aimlessly, pushing empty carts and standing in the middle of the aisles. I have 2 kids, and I want to get in and get out, not spend 5 hours shopping.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• i love wal-mart! our store is always clean and free of clutter(stockers work 3rd shift) and the produce and meats are fresh! the only thing i don't like about it is i never have enough money to get everything i want.
    pinkclover

Answer by pinkclover at 3:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• Depends on your car and the price of gas. I now shop online and save more than if I shopped at WalMart.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 2:41 AM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I think Publix has awesome sales and is nicer than Wal-Mart, however I wouldn't drive an extra 30 minutes to get to one.
    JBrummer

Answer by JBrummer at 1:44 PM on Oct. 27, 2008