When do you think too many cats is TOO many?

http://www.buffalonews.com/wire-feeds/24-hour-national-news/article215625.ece

This is over and above TOO many IMO.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pets

• To many becomes to many when you cant take care of them financially, physically & emotionally. I dont mean just food. They deserve to be loved and played with not played at. Theres a difference. They deserve to go to the vest on a regular basis as well so If you cant take care of them as you would a child or a person in your household...then 1 is to many.But if you have the time it takes to nurture, love and meet their expenses and can afford a ga-zillion...I say more power to ya!
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 8:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't think there's a set number. I think the issue is space, and money. If you can afford to feed and house 100 healthy cats, then go for it. That includes having them altered, vaccinated, and parasite treated. Not many people can afford that..though. I have two cats. That's enough for me, but if I lived in a bigger house..I'd probably have more. There's just not enough room here right now for more.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 5:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• For me 1 cat is to many. I am unwilling to clean a litter box. My autistic son would have cat litter everywhere. Plus, my 7 year old son is allergic. One more thing, my dog would eat a cat like a pre dinner snack. So, no cats for me!
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 5:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• for me it's one
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Having the room, funds and availability to have them.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Oh wow, 77 cats in 2 cars...that is so disgusting. Blech.

I'm with BisketLiss though, I don't think there's a such thing as too many as long as you have the space. It's all a matter of comfort and liveability...there is a woman who lives near me with 5 cats in a tiny apartment. Too much! You can smell the stench every time she opens her front door. However, if she lived in a large house with some land, she could have 50 cats for all I care.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I'd agree with the others that say too many is when they exhaust your time, space, and financial resources. All cats should have all of their veterinary care including wellness care, exams, vaccination, preventative medicine, etc. They should also have adequate space, litter boxes, toys, etc. They should have access to quality nutrition and mental stimulation. If an owner can not provide all of that to all of their cats, there are too many.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 12:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2010