Some religions going a little TOO over the top on what's a "sin"?

http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/health/yoga-what-is-it-exactly-2398028/

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 5:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• that guy is just a lil' over the top...
    When I was a teen a friend became very hard core christian and she did not like Yoga & refused to do it because of the poses. I guess for whatever reason someone/something told her certain poses helped open you to bad things? IDK... lol..

I love yoga & think its good for everyone.. no matter your religion.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Oh sheesh. There's always someone taking things too far.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• eh he probably thinks meditation is a sin too...even tho thats pretty much what prayer is. he just wants some publicity.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 7:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• This one is ridiculous!!!!!

Answer by older at 6:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• The stretching excerises of yoga are sooo good for the physical body. Some Yoga institutes have people chanting "Hari Krishna" and things of that sort. I can understand how Christians might have a problem with that. I have also heard that the body positions in Yoga can open you up to having evil spirits enter you....but...if you are a Christian, you are owned by Jesus Christ, and therefore no evil spirits may enter you, His Holy Temple.

I am a devout Jesus Freak, and I am proud of it! We need to all worry about our hearts, and of the witness that we make. In my personal opinion, I have done yoga excercises and they have been so good for my physical body. Would I chant "Hari Krishna", no way! Would I meditate? I sure would, I would use that time to pray to my sweet Lord, and thank Him for the blessing of being able to take the yoga class.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 8:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Some are, yeah, especially in this case.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• OMSG!! yoga is a sin. Let me guess, if you participate you need to be put to death. Am I right?? Yeah some people. To each his own I suppose.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• my religion isn't focused on everything i can't do, it's focused on everything i CAN do.

this is soooo ridiculous (the yoga thing...)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• oh I agree it's ridiculous.. however what's sad is that I've seen some moms on here actually agree that yogo was a "sin". I understand being faithful to your beliefs, but sometimes some people twist things to a level that just makes you wonder about their stability mentally.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010