HOW CAN GET MY 9 MONTHS BABY GIRL TO EAT MORE FOODS?

Hi,
I have a nine month old and I am having trouble feeding her solid food she will eat mum mums baby rice cookies and dont like jar foods how do i make food for her safe enough so she dont chook on it? pleas help i need her to eat instead of always milk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just buy a food processer. and u can blend up what u cook for ur family and serve it to her that way. she may like it better than jarred food bc they tend to be watered down and not seasoned.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:02 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Breast milk or formula IS enough. If she's not taking it, she might not be ready. You can cook veggies soft, and serve bite sized pieces for her to pick up and self feed. Fruits, some you can cook until soft, others need no cooking.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I couldn't feed my baby jarred baby food because she was allergic to the added ingredients. At four months I was making my own baby food. You need to puree the food really well so your baby doesn't choke but it can be done easily. There is a big difference in jarred baby food and taking fresh ingredients and refining so your baby can eat it. I did because my daughter was allergic and I was kind of in a bind as a new mother looking for options. It worked out fine for me.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Breast milk or formula should be the main source of nutrition for all infants until the first birthday.

Right now, food is just for fun and practice. Yiu can mash whatever you are eating up for her to try. Always give solids after nursing or a bottle. They are dessert.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 6:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Try small cut up green beans, meat sticks for babies, cut up peaches, cheerios, stuff like that. She may be wanting to start feeding herself, so put a few on her tray while you feed her the biggest part of her meal. She will be happy that she gets to do it herself, and you still know what shes eating.
    A.Perry

Answer by A.Perry at 6:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Any good healthy table food. Teeth are not required my baby girl has no teeth and eats whole apples.
    check this out, its worth it. baby led solids particularly the Gil Rapely Article.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010