OMG!!!

I recently signed with a book publisher and today I received an email from the with a draft of my book cover. I am so blown away because this was my life's dream. I shared this info with my daughter by email so she could see the cover but no one else. I am not sure if I should. I am not at all close to my family and my best friend is currently too involved with her new relationship. My question is even though my friend is a bit distant at this point and enjoying the being in the spotlight with her pending marriage, that's all she talks about when any of our friends an I do see her, should I still tell her or wait until she comes back down to earth some?

Cheveyo1

Asked by Cheveyo1 at 6:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• CONGRATULATIONS to you! I keep "starting" a book, and can't seem to finish it. Yeah, I wouldn't tell her just yet. I would let her "come down" from the wedding before doing so. Or, if your book gets published before her wedding, give her a signed copy as a wedding present. That way you have a gift for her, and you will be "telling" her at the same time.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• tell someone u trust and love.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Congratulations! That really does sound exciting! Since she is really distracfed by her pending wedding she probably won't give it the consideration it deserves. I know when you have really big news as this it's almost impossible to keep it to yourself. Of course, it really is your decision after all.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Ohh! Congratulations!!! I'm super happy for you! If you think she won't be as happy for you as you'd like, then wait. It would just bring you down. Share with those that will be very excited for you. You deserve the attention! This is so exciting! Let her have her time, you get your time with others! Congrats!!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Congratualtions!!!! I'd shout it to the world if that were me. Tell everyone this is a great thing for you!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• congratulationsWOW what great news!!  If it were me I'd tell my most trusted friends/family my good news right now as I would not be able to keep it to myself or wait- I'd be so excited and happy to see my dream come true.  If you are not sure of them- with them being wrapped up in their own lives or if you are not close to them then I would wait until it is published and announce it then.  way to go

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Share it with those you trust & love... They will be excited for you. & If they are not, then they weren't great loved ones in the first place. Congrats to you on your new book.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 6:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Thank you for your support ladies
    Cheveyo1

Comment by Cheveyo1 (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Way To Go Momma:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 9:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Congratulations! I am so happy for you. At least you told your daughter. What did she have to say. As for everyone else, wait a little while, or better yet, when it comes out.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2010