How to get crayon off the wall? Ideas?

I fell asleep on the couch this morning and my 21-month-old got ahold of a fresh, new BLACK crayon (go figure, it couldn't have been white or pastel?! haha) and made some nice murals on our walls.

Any suggestions on how to remove it? I had a bad experience with a past landlord (she took our entire - MASSIVE - security deposit because there was "a fist-sized scribble of red crayon that wouldn't come off" in the kids' room, so the "whole room had to be repainted". Don't ask me how that cost over a thousand dollars, but whatever...) so I want to make sure and get this off if I can!

aliceryannesmom

Asked by aliceryannesmom at 6:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try magic eraser
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I read in one of those parentng magazines that if you want to get crayon off a painted wall you take a hair dryer to the spot and the crayon will come off since it's wax and wax melts under heat. I thought at the time it was quite clever.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We had crayon and ink all over our master bedroom walls. So dark it woud have messed up the paint (we bought the house this way). I used a magic eraser on it and it took it all off.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i love the magic eraser
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 11:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Thanks ladies, I appreciate it!!
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 6:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I am totally going to go buy a package of them...glad to hear them getting such great reviews!
    aliceryannesmom

Comment by aliceryannesmom (original poster) at 12:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2010