Leapster? MobiGo?.......help!

My sister is wanting to get my 4yo a handheld for her birthday... Ive never been around any of these so need some advice !
The Choices are:
1. MobiGo ........ 2. Leapster Explore.......... 3. Leapster 2

So which grows with them the best? Which does your child like?
Any advice is great!

MommaTasha1003

Asked by MommaTasha1003 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• My 4 year old got a Leapster 2 for Christmas this past year. She LOVES it. It entertains, and teaches all at the same time. It has plenty of games, and the games go up in age range, up to 8, I believe. I have a friend who has a 5 year old son with a leapster, and his 8 year old sister is constantly stealing it from him to play. She does the same thing with my daughter's when she visits. My one complaint about it: It runs on AA's, so it goes through batteries like mad. I'm seriously thinking about getting rechargables for it.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I just checked out the Leapster 2. It really looks interesting and it starts at age 4, which means the child grows into it. Additionally it has well over 40 games for it which will keep your 4 year old entertained for hours. I think the leapster products are really great. I think that's a great birthday present to receive.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We have a leapster 2 and it's great, but I think for my youngest I'm going with the MobiGo because it's more hands on and not as much of that stupid pen.
    However, I'll say this, my parents get each grandchild a DS with they turn 5, my daughter hasn't touched her leapster 2 since.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 8:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• thanks ladies.
    DH aunt was wanting to get her a DS. But DH talked her out of it..
    We really dont want her having any of them lol. DH is a big xbox user & I dont want her to be like that especially at 4yo!
    Gezz.. IDK what to tell them!
    MommaTasha1003

Comment by MommaTasha1003 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2010