I'm a mom who lately loves to order takeout online because my son like most kids you have to leave with somebody,he won't stay with you and he's all over the place plus cooking at home is a madhouse so does anybody else have this problem with their kids?

mommys1luv

Asked by mommys1luv at 6:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• we cook together.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 6:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• At this age group it shouldn't be a problem. Sit him down with crayons, have him help, turn on a show, have him play in his room....He is old enough to follow simple directions for 30 min while you cook. Did you post this in the right section?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Not really, at this age group I make them help me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Not sure I get the question, do you mean you dont cook at home? Only order take out because you cant sit at the restaurant?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 6:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• When my children were that age, it was easier to have them help me in the kitchen and start teaching them the basics of cooking.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• you take it a step at a time. You go to fam. friendly restaurants and teach behavior.... at home you have them where you can see while you cook.... pick easy meals and/or to pre-preping...
    yes it can get overwhelming and you have you just get take out moments but...
    esp. about the going out to eat... It CAN be done... my parents took us out from babies on and I've done the same with my kids.. they have even gone to adult/4 star style restaurants and been complimented (not that they haven't had their moments on the other side... oh boy have they) but you take it a moment at a time, be consistent and ... in our houw RULE ONE is stay with your adult/where your adult can see you -- for safety reasons.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 1:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• find a meal that your son would be happy helping you out or just a simple task at meal time as simple as having him choose between two side dishes to go with a meal, or have him do the making like pizza kids love it and if ya put all the ingredients in seperate dishes and let him decide what goes on the pizza, you will be amazed the more you have him help the better he will get and then the more he will improve and not drive ya nuts
    RobinEsMommy

Answer by RobinEsMommy at 4:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Well I'm actually a lot like you. I mean I cook @ home, but I get what you mean when you don't feel like cooking, you order out instead of going out. I feel ya! My daughter is 5 & is so hyper that she is @ times alot worst then my 1 1/2 yr. old and I watch another girl the same age. It's to much work it seems like to go out. Actually @ times it seems like a punishment to me! Can't relax and just eat. So yeah @ time's it just nice not to get everyone dress up,loaded up and chasing kids while everyone is looking @ you. In & out of the car. So yeah I love it when the time's I don't cook & just order food, have it come to me and then throw the boxes out & no dishes! So when I do cook I got to put the t.v on for the little one's and for the bigger one put something she like on the comp. so I can cook..and clean lol. I tried w/ the help of the cooking thing, but my 5 yr. old is not there yet.
    princessbabies

Answer by princessbabies at 1:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2010

• nope we cook together
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:06 AM on Oct. 12, 2010

• Nope, we either cook together, or the kids are busy while I cook.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2010