Emergency/extra stuff for kids in your car?

Just curious...do you have an emergency bag in your car you keep in there for your kids? What do you keep in there? I keep a bag for each of my kids in my van...it has a pair of pj's, extra diapers and wipes, and an outfit. My mom has complained I'm a bad packer/planner and I need to put more things in there. Just wondering what you carry for your kids in your car....

kristinashley24

Asked by kristinashley24 at 6:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• sad to say right now nothing. but i try to keep one change of clothes for each. i have my diaper bag which has pull-ups, diapers, wipes, meds, blanket and a toy.
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yep- diapers, wipes, extra outfit and granola bars.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• and bottled water. Our car breaks down a lot so I have to be ready for a wait for the tow truck.
    But_Mommie

• I don't keep much in there, but usually at least one change of clothes for each kid, extra diapers, a package of granola bars, box of baby wipes, and some bottles of water.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• LOL didn't realize I was saying the exact same thing as But_Mommie at the same time. ;-D Too funny.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 6:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No, but that is a great idea.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 6:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I keep a spare pair of pants, a pair of socks and a couple pairs of panties, antibacterial hand wipes, baby wipes, and toddler wipes in the car.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We just keep a first aid kit and a package of wet wipes for dirty hands.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sunscreen, and extra outfit or 2, and a couple of extra pairs of panties. I also keep wipes, for dirty hands, in my seat pocket along with a few plastic shopping bags just in case dd gets carsick. Yup, I have had to use them before. Poor baby has major carsick issues.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I keep benadryl in the car in case of bee or ant bites that may have an allergic reaction. This way if there is a true emergency it will buy us some time until we can get to a hospital. I also keep a change of clothes and shoes for myself and my child in the trunk along with paper towels. I also keep a blanket, bottled water, and some food for emergencies up front with me. In the compartment I keep a small first aid kit for band-aids, neosporin, and hand-sanitizer. None of these things take up space but if I needed them they would come in handy. And they have. The blanket has come in hand on road trips, coming home from neighboring cities and my son just fell asleep, or on spur of the moment picnics. Just last week, while playing in the park, I stepped in dog poop and was glad for the bags, the plastic gloves, and extra shoes. Although I'm still cursing out the owner of that huge ugly dog.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 7:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010