Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am i right to be doing this or should I tell the doctor?

Ok I am not a person that is fond of doctors. I dont even go to them unless i have been prego. Anyone that i have seen has just made me feel like i was stupid. So I had a baby 10m ago today. I am 28wks pregnant. I have been having trouble being able to get up and even take care of my kids. But i push myself because they need me. No one else is here for them. But when I do get up or even move around in the bed or on the couch i have this pain that is in my incision. And my back and legs feel like they wont even let me stand. Oh and last night I couldnt sleep because I was cramping. I mean is there really anything they can do?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Pregnancy

Answers (7)
  • I had incision pain with my last 2 due to my previous c-section, so bad with the last one that I had to be put on pain meds b/c I couldn't care for my other 3 kids. You need some help and you need to talk to your DR.

    Answer by Jessy0419 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • I had a similar problem but it only happend when I walked which sucked b/c I love to walk. Mine was the baby irritating scar tissue from my appendix being remove (thats what the doc told me)
    The legs not working for you sounds like the siatic (?not sure about the spelling) nerve being pinched which is another problem I had. The gave me a compination of Ibrofin and pain pills that were both safe dosages. The combo worked wonders.
    I do not like docs either but it will make life better. Good luck

    Answer by perksmom at 3:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • Yes they can give you pain meds that are safe and that work.and if that cramping is more than cramping they can stop it. We have dr for a REASON. USE them!!!

    Answer by clovismommy25 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • You need to talk to a doctor. It is so much better to be safe than sorry and if nothing else they can give you something to help with pain so caring for your othe rlittle ones is possible. Talk to a family member and see if you can get any help at all from someone (But i honestly I know how hard that can be too)

    Answer by humaniterian87 at 1:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • I don't think there is anything they can do about it, other than tell you to take it easy. I assume from your comments that your last baby, the 10 month old, was a csection. I'm sure it hurts because it is getting stetched out so soon after the surgery.

    Try to find someone to help with the kids and take it easy.

    Answer by ap9902 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • go to he doctor. it could just be you are run down you got preg befor your body had healed. you may have adfhesions. not much can be done now but the doctor should be aware.

    Answer by Lyndall at 11:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

  • You need to talk to your doctor about this and you need to find a familiy member who will help you take care of your kids.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Oct. 26, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.