I am 40 weeks pregnant and one day over due.....

So I am now one day over due, And I was just wondering is there anything safe that I can try to help naturally induce labor at home without getting induced in 9 days. I have heard it's quite painful and want to try and stay away from that as much as possible. My doctor has already tried stripping my membranes that didn't work. She will probably re do it on Tuesday if I let her. Not sure yet. If there is anything that could help and that has actually worked for you ladies please let me know. Thanks.

baybeegurl272

Asked by baybeegurl272 at 6:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• walking, walking walking. drink lots of water.

some things that are wivestales u can try:
    eat eggplant
    drive on a bumpy road
    sex
    spicy foods
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 6:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• sex! and lots of walking! i was so uncomfortable i told my hubby ur having sex with me now or ill find someone else who will. lol after sex once a day for 3 days my water finally broke on the 4th day! good luck hope baby comes soon! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I was induced at 5 days overdue, it wasn't painful at all! (The labor is another story!)

Sex/orgasm can help start labor, or so I've heard.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 6:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Lol I hope so too. I was a week early with my daughter and well my boy just doesn't want to come out yet I guess lol.

Hmm must be different people with different pain tolerance. Two of my friends both told me they have had to be induced and that it hurt like hell and plus it took them two tries because it didn't work. Blah not looking forward to that if that's the case.
    baybeegurl272

Comment by baybeegurl272 (original poster) at 6:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Nothing ever worked for me.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sex worked for me :) If your Dr has ok'ed it still. Its the proglastins in the sperm that ripen the cervix :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• the spicey food is a def
    ivette0423

Answer by ivette0423 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It depends, there are lots of things you can try to get contractions started but they won't keep them going so walking is the best to keep contractions going.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sex works well. If you don't want to be induced in 9 days, don't consent to it.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2010