halloween costumes that dont cost much?

as we all are im on a budget this year and would like to try and find something thats eiher not too exspensive or i can make at home. i think ive gotten my oldest (4) costume already done except for i need a shirt and shoes but i ned something for my 2 year old and for my 3 months old and myself! so what places have the cheapest costumes or what can i make from home ?

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 6:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• If you have a Once Upon A Child close by they usually have tons of Halloween costumes. I got my little girl's costume there the other day for just $6.
    I had a friend who dressed in her jammies, robe and curlers and went as a housewife.
    BakingMom74

Answer by BakingMom74 at 10:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I was going to make a chocolate chip cookie costume for DH because its cheap.Just cover 2 pieces of cardboard in brown felt and glue pieces of black felt onto it for the chips..... and there you go!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 6:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• A bag of grapes is easy, clear cargage bag cut holes in the botton for your legs fill it with little purple balloons and use a big ribbon with wire or pipe cleaner for twist tie for top. For you. Mummys are easy for babies. Get a sweat shirt and pants you could live without and get a yd. Of muslin and tear it into strips and wind ot around. I used spray adhesive to hold into place. A lil black around the eyes and you have a mummy! Felt and a hot glue gun and cardboard could make one kid into a candy corn. =)
    stepho345

Answer by stepho345 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Same as above but you use multi colored balloons to make a bag of jelly beans. Kitty cats are easy too. Black sweats, face paint and a tail and ears form the dollar store. At 3 moths you can just get a cute Halloween onsie or PJ's that can be worn and reused all season.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• do you have a daughter? i made my daughter's costume last year, a tinkerbelle costume out of green tulle and ribbon. it cost not more than $10 total. and very simple to make.
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010