EMERGENCY!! SHOULD I GO TO THE HOSPITAL?

Ok I am 40 weeks pregnant and like 2 hours ago I went to the bathroom to pee and when I cleaned myself it was like this mucus with blood and in the toilet too I cleaned myself and kept doing my chores but like 5 minutes later more of that mucus with blood came out what could that be???? I feel my belly so low

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its called your mucus plug is normal. just go about your day. labor should be near.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It sounds like you lost your mucus plug. It's not an emergency. I lost mine a week before I went into labor with my second child.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• is this your first baby?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It sounds like your bloody show. It could mean labor is soon or it could still be awhile. Good luck!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Breathe, Mama! That's just your bloody show. Labor is in the early processes, however, after my bloody show, It took me twelve hours to go into labor. I'm going to tell you to call your doctor anyway, since it's a reasonable hour, it will put her on alert, and she will be able to remind you what to do and when to call. Congrats, and if you can get some sleep, do it!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• U if you think you should always go rather safe then sorry mucus plug doesn't always mean labor but w you at 40 weeks probably means you could be withing hrs so go in! Good luck
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would wait personally, it doesnt sound like anything unusual, but if you feel like you need to go in it wont hurt.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 7:01 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• When you get a minute, let us know what is happening.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My doctor had told me that it could be up to two week before labor actually started. Mine actually started 2 days later. Hang in there, mama!!
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• omg happyness is about to come into this world,congrats i wish you liuck,the same thing happened to me nd hrs later i mean hrs later my bondle of joy arrived :)
    ivette0423

Answer by ivette0423 at 7:11 PM on Oct. 9, 2010