4 months pregnant and has a cold..what should I take?

Im not a fan of taking any medication right now for the babys sake. But I have a stuffy nose, ears hurt, sore throat and my head feels likes its going to exploed.
Last night I tool some Tylenol multi symptom and it didnt work. THe only reason Im taking something is because I have to work.
What do you suggest to take? Whats the best medicne to be taking?

Kristin0312

Asked by Kristin0312 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I *think* you can take Sudafed but if you do you have to drink LOTS of water as it can dehydrate you. Call a local pharmacy and they will tell you what you can take. That is what I always did when I was sick and pregnant.
    luvsmygirls77

Answer by luvsmygirls77 at 7:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• they nest for what you described is saline solution, the kind you shoot up your nose. It helps dry things out so you head isn't all clogged and then it stops the dripping down the throat that makes it sore. I know it sounds to easy but it has worked the best when I have the symptoms you described. The I take some Tylenol with it for the pain. plus it won't make you drowsy... I hope it helps and you feel better soon!
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You can either ride it out, or call your gyob and they will tell you which over the counter medicines you can take during pregnancy. Good luck.
    mamyerssteph

Answer by mamyerssteph at 7:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• On a paper I have it says you can take sudafed and tylenol.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 12:38 AM on Oct. 10, 2010