This is only a question; do you think the show teen mom is a helpful tool

At first I thought Teen Mom,was a good show, exemplifying how tough it can be as a teen mom. Now I am in the middle, because I see some with their own house, and driving nice cars for a teenager. I worry this may be giving the wrong impression that it could be easy. Honestly, please read this and realize I'm only concerned. This isn't haunting my life or anything. Teens make their life difficult andit shouldn't be. One good thing happened on the show is the girl, who gave her child up for adoption did the right thing. In a teens mind, sometimes they allwow the little things they deem good, over shadow the big picture. Such as the girl who moved from Chattanooga to be with some guy. Later he tells her it is too mcuh for him. She rushed to be with another guy. Also I know when you are young it is extremely hard to see things as they truly are until you get older and more experience. Don't bash, but share your thoughts.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 6:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I think it's a good show. I don't think in any way do they show any of the girls lives to be easy. Everyone is struggling in a different way, and almost all of their relationships have fallen apart. I think it's a great wake-up call for some young girls.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 7:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think that the show can be over the top sometimes. Maci moved for school yes.. but she also moved just so she would be closer to the guy who just said it was too much.. now she has to explain to Bentley why he isn't around anymore.. I think they need to realize that you don't just introduce your child to every man you date.. Then Amber is just a bad influence. Period. I feel sorry for her little girl. Then Farrah with the statement that she is having all kinds of money problems then all the sudden she is driving a brand new car.. yea that isn't exactly how it goes most of the times. And then Caitlynn and Tyler -- I just think the whole her mother and his father being married and then them together isn't the greatest message to spread to teens.. thats just gross in my personal opinion.. and then her mom drove up to their trailer in a bmw... its just a bit ridiculous.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think it glorifies teen pregnancy. They drive nicer cars, Amber is unemployed and living on welfare,etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 8:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2010