Today my 3 y/o daughter told me that she wanted me to leave my father for my best friend because "he's a better daddy" what do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm guessing you mean her father, and you talk to him about it.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would ask her why she feels that way. If there are any issues I would def go back and talk to her father. I would get to the bottom of it!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• wow thats big when ur child has to open ur eyes, why would she say something like that?think about the relationship,get a paper nd pen nd start with the pro then the cons of her father sit down with him nd have a talk a realy deep talk.then think what is better for her becaouse its not realy about you any more you come after she turns 18.nd the "FRIEND" see where the friendship goes,does he have feelings tourds you,i wish u the best of luck nd do the right thing for your family.bless you.
    ivette0423

Answer by ivette0423 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Never let your kids tell you what to do. They will start to think they always can. I do not think you should listen to a 3 year old. The reasons might be silly. JMO

Answer by louise2 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• wow..i can't imagine my three year old even thinking of something like that. How did she get the idea?
    Kainalu55

Answer by Kainalu55 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Umm..... what do u do?! Well, you talk to her dad and get that idea out of her head. There must be a reason she is thinking it, she is only 3 so you need to work it out
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• everyone is more fun than parents, it's not a shock. why would you do anything about that? Is she going to tell you who she wants for her Mom next and your going to follow that?
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 7:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Tell her that you can't just X family out like that right off the bat. Ask her why and then explain to her that we all are not perfectand that before we want to replace someone, we should go talk to them first. Get all the information from her first then go to talk to you DH before she comes to him so he'll have the heads up. Then encourage her to go ask dad to connect with her more and I'm sure it will go away. I'm sure she just likes your friend because he's more attentive and playful towards her when he visits than your DH is.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 8:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I'd ask why, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a case of 'he lets me do what I want' or the like.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Kids often percieve or have the fantasy of someone who is fun, takes them places, plays with them all the time as being a "better" parent than the one they have. I used to love my aunt like that when I was little and secretly wished she was my Mom. But kids grow out of it, at that age they don't have long attention spans. But if your DH isn't paying attention to your child at all, maybe the two of you need to have a talk about that.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:44 AM on Oct. 10, 2010