was your child born with or do you know a baby with a foot deformity? positional or otherwise

my daughter was born with her foot turned out slightly. i was told it'd probably positional which means she got it from the way she was positioned in me. just wondering if anyone has experience with this, and if it fixes itself or not.

Kainalu55

Asked by Kainalu55 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I remember my first baby's feet curving in. I was never worried about it, but his pediatrician would show me and tell me that once he started walking it should loosen up and be normal. I have a friend whose daughter has a club foot. She was adopted from an orphanage in Africa, so it wasn't able to worked on until they brought her home, sometime around 18 months old. She had surgery and a cast for a while a special insert in her shoe. But I'm sure your baby doesn't have something like that, it will probably go away once your baby starts walking, just keep watching it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 7:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My first born son had this problem with his left foot pointing outward. The doctor had him wear a bar with two shoes it helped straighten it out.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 7:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• No, does she go to therapy for it?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 6:59 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• she is only 2 weeks old. we are hopefully going to see a orthopedic doctor for it, just waiting for the approval from shriner's
    Kainalu55

Comment by Kainalu55 (original poster) at 12:17 AM on Oct. 12, 2010