Do you think it is fair that celebs get "stalked" by the paparazzi ?

( seen something about this in a mag) ...I constantly hear about celebs complaining that they have no privacy because of people always trying to take their picture.. but isnt that basically part of their job ? ( we all have parts of our jobs that we dont like) ... I mean they get millions of dollars to have their picture taken...

Especially the ones who havent even made movies or songs in years but still live the celeb life... do you think that is the price they have to pay ...And yes I do understand every person has a right to privacy, but it just annoys me that they complain so much about this !

annwarren29

Asked by annwarren29 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, whether or not it's fair, they do put themselves in the public eye. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what comes with being famous. That's precisely why I'd never WANT to be famous. No thanks.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 7:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I agree with you, that is the price they pay for being a celebrity. But as soon as the cameras go away they whine because they aren't getting enough exposure.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think if they are out in public, shopping, dining out, partying--then they are fair game. I DO think the paparazzi cross the line when they stand outside someone's home trying to catch pictures or even when they climb over fences to tresspass on property to get photos.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think its all wrong. Its fair if they go out like to a party or something like that. I actually can't see how someone can make a living following around famous people and trying to take pictures to make them look bad (I know that isn't always the case but it seems that way)
    seturkey

Answer by seturkey at 7:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I think it's way out of line for a celeb to be chased just to get their picture taken, and although the paparazzi makes a lot of money for the pictures, I still think that they have to take in consideration that they're putting other people in harm's way when they drive recklessly to take a silly picture. Yes there are many celebs that crave attention and engage in bad behavior to get it, but I feel that kids should be off limits.
    browneyes27

Answer by browneyes27 at 7:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• it comes with the territory. Look, there are celebs out there that do manage to have a good private life and there are celebs out there that are sucked into a life filled with drama and naturally Paparazzi.

I think some celebs like all the attention.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 8:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Companies pay big bucks for alot of those FIRST photos. Princess Diana paid the price.........and oddly enough there were paparazzi's right there after the fact to take THAT picture!

I understand they are fair game, they are out and about but Paps DO cross the line more times that not to get those photos. They climb up celebs walls with ladders.....etc ( they did that to kirstie alley and she ran after them with a camera before )

But they go crazy to get the celebs children and the celebs in the drive thru!

Kids should be off limits unless at some event.....

I wouldnt want to be famous in front of the camera popular either, I like my life as it is. Private.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 8:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• The celebrities are pretty much asking for it, but...the paparazzi do get really obnoxious and pushy. They have no manners. They are too aggressive. But ,I think society in general no longer cares to have manners or be considerate of others. SO---its just a sad thing.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Do we really need pics of Julia Roberts grocery shopping in a ball cap? IT's gone too far. Yes they sign on for some of it but digging through the trash and following them everywhere. Tori Spelling had to sneak to her C-section. Deceny was lost a long time ago.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If the public would stop caring so much about what celebs do in their private lives, the paparazzi would have to get real jobs.

Does it really matter if Brad and Angie are adopting another kid? Or who is seeing who? None of these things have any bearing on my life and I couldn't care less about what these people do, unless they are making good movies for me to watch.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:45 PM on Oct. 9, 2010