Need Help on Deciding on a Name.. At what point did you decide???

I am overwhelmed with the amount of names I can look at online... I'm not sure I will ever find one that just makes me go, "YES! That one!!!!" At what point did you decide on your baby's name?

I know what I want for a boy.. but for a girl... Ahhh! I am thinking either Macy, or Kylie... but i reallllly want to find a name that isn't TOO cutesie, but one that is sexy/professional and can be a mature sounding name for when she is a woman... Help? :)

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 7:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Baby Names

• Vivienne perhaps.
    katinthehat8914

Answer by katinthehat8914 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You could go classic. Marcy, Lucile, Celia, Miranda, Rosaline, Maggie, Abigail or Olivia.
    You could go Trendy. McKenzie, Emma, Madison
    You could go Classy. Lillian, Delilah, Evangeline, Angelique
    You could go Natural. Birddie, Fawn, Sparrow, Rose, Daisy
    You could go Original Aliyanna, Bryoni, Hatoka
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We chose our name before we even found out we were pregnant. Lucily it's a boy because finding the perfect girl name was tricky like your situation. Keep looking and good luck.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 7:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If it was a girl though, we had Kayma picked out.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 7:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We had first names picked out before we got MARRIED. lol Carl for a boy and Quinn for a girl. We lucked out with one of each sex so no back up names were needed! Middle names were tough!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I knew my son's name at about 6 months and my daughters first name around 3 months her middle around 5 months and then at 7.5 months when she was born we added a 2nd middle name (Hannah Grace Evanjaline). You'll know as soon as you meet that baby if you don't know before that. My Friend had her daughters named picked out saw the baby and changed the whole name =0)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:42 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• With my oldest I had her first name picked out before I knew I was pregnant. We went back and forth between Madeleine Grace Juliet and Madeleine West. Ended up with MGJ around 9 months. With #2 I really had no set name that I just "loved". It sounds bad but I named her Lorelei because it went well with Madeleine and I didn't like any other name more than Lorelei. I choose Isabella as a mn because it flowed well. I wanted to use Sloane as a second middle name but no one liked it but me (REALLY? Like it mattered. Ugh.) so I decided on Lorelei Isabella Eve (Eve after my gm) after I delivered.
    As a suggestion, I think Jocelyn is a GREAT name. I also like Vivenne as a pp said.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• By the way, I think it's best to give them a longer name they can shorten to a nick name (something cute) when they are young but still have a sophisticated name to fall back on.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 8:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I choose my DD's name by names that mean something to me. Example: Theresa and Hayle came from loved ones that passes way. And Marie came from a middle name that I shared with my mom and now also share with my daughter.

You don't have to do a loved one that passed away by naming them directly after them. You can find a variation of the name (like we are doing with this pregnancy. I obviously don't want my baby girl to have the name Morse, but Morissa is very fitting IMO).

I would look for the longer version of the name and use the "cutesy version" as a nickname when they are younger. So it can move from adorable as a baby, to sophisticated and professional when they get older.

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:36 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• for ways to change up Macy and Kylie are:

MACAYLE

with macy or kylie as a nickname..
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:40 AM on Oct. 10, 2010