dentist

my daughter will be 20months when she goes to the dentist in november. Anyone take there little one at that age or close to it? how was the experience? thanks

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 7:24 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I didn't take my kids till they started kindergarten.I ended up taking my son before preschool cause he had a infected tooth and abscess.
    alisha34886

Answer by alisha34886 at 11:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i started all my kids seeing a dentist when they turn 12 mons...an their xperinces were great..i took mine to a dentist who specialized in children only..no adults...
    FreeSpriT4eva

Answer by FreeSpriT4eva at 11:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I took my children with me every time I went for a checkup. That way they could see what it was about before they went themselves. Our dentist doesn't actually do an exam until they are 3, although he took a peek in each of their mouths just to see how they were coming along. I called a pediatric dentist to get my kids in before age 3 and they said they really don't take them any earlier than that either unless there is a problem. Once they turned 3 I took them every 6 months. For my older 2, that first exam was maybe a little scary only because THEY were in the chair, but they were familiar with the dentist and he is very good with kids. My youngest isn't 3 yet, but he did let the dentist peek in his mouth.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:29 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• My DD will be 3 in dec and I just scheduled her first one. A lot of offices around here won't take children under 3 unless there are causes for concern (like an obvious cavity, etc). And the few that did weren't covered under my insurance for my DD. We just changed insurances so I can finally get her in now.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010