SMOKING MARIJUANA WHILE TTC adult content

hi no bashing please.
i smoke weed i wont get into my reasons why i do, but i have a question im currently ttc and i have cut back a lot on smoking weed and i have quit all together on cigarettes.. well can smoking mj occasionaly effect the fertilization process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in General Parenting

• Not sure but why take a risk?

Answer by older at 7:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I smoked a lot of marijuana when I got pregnant with my son. But I wasn't trying to get pregnant. If your trying, I would suggest quitting altogether.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 7:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Not at all. I was not trying with my DD in fact not even thinking about it for that time(she was semi-planed we say because we were talking about kid when i got pregnant but we were saying like a year from then) anyway I smoked A LOT of pot before I found out I was pregnant( have not touched it since) and I got pregnant a month after my SO and I got back together after 3 months.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 7:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Don't know for sure. But since your asking it must be on your mind, better to quit and be safe, than no, and wish you had.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 7:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It directly effects the fertility in men, lowering their sperm count and can cause infertility in men. http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/a/blub031013.htm

it's said if women smoke it it can still effect the sperm once it's entered the women as well:

http://men.webmd.com/news/20031013/smoking-marijuana-lowers-fertility

xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• although the studies DO say it's temporary.

Other than that, I've found nothing to indicate otherwise. HOWEVER if you do conceive while smoking pot. Remember smoking (pot, cigarettes, or even just a blade of grass, means you're inhaling carbon monoxide which can have negative effects on the baby, so it's safer to quit.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• that said. Yes I did smoke pot before I had my dd and a bit in the beginning when I was unaware of being pregnant. She wasn't planned for at that time (more like a few years down the road, lol). So I wasn't TTC but it happens. So I won't begrudge you for doing what your doing.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• if I knew then what I know now, I wouldn't have done it though. (although my DD was never directly effected thankfully).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Imo, its better than drinking and ttc.
    And in my experiance it shouldn't hamper anything. Its natural. Our bodies have special receptors for it even.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i dont see a issue with it .. i kno drs who would rather u do that than other stuff like drinking or tobaccoo
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 8:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010