last night my boyfriend said "we have to talk"

We have been together for over a year, he is great with my daughter (almost 3) and we are in love with eachother. Which he made known at the beginning of this conversation that he still loved me and wants to be with me, BUT! For the first year we were together we never fought or even argued about anything, he said ever since we passed the year mark, he feels like i'm not putting effort into our relationship and he doesn't feel the same caring attitude he once felt from me. I don't know what to do, I don't think I have changed the way I act. I guess my question is what are some things you do for your men to show them just how much you care about them???? everything from the small day to day stuff to the big every now and then things??????

Sorry So long, thanks ladies you are truly the best when it comes to giving advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• I OCCASIONALLY WRITE LITTLE LOVE NOTES AND STICK THEM IN HIS WALLET.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I'm big on feeding my guy's ego. I tell him how strong he is and how much I think he rocks and all that sappy stuff. Sometimes I think I'm treating him like a baby but then I think a lot of this small stuff is why he keeps coming back. Not many others would baby him like I do. Mine isn't exactly affectionate or even nice sometimes but I feel that I have to go out of my way to be extra nice to him bc we are not married and he can replace me any day of the week if he wanted. I know he chases other women so unless I want him to leave me, I treat him like a king. Yes, I will probably be laughed at for that but it's my choice.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• IF HE DOES SOMETHING SWEET OR NICE THAT I APPRECIATE ILL BUY HIM SOMETHING LITTLE JUST LIKE SOMETHING I KNOW THAT JUST HE LOVES LIKE A FOOD OR A DRINK OR SOMETHING OR CANDY THATS JUST FOR HIM.... I ALSO BUY HIM SWEET CARDS AND TELL HIM HOW MUCH I LOVE HIM AND THANKS FOR ALL HE DOES IT WORKS FOR ME CAUSE WE ARE NOT THE BEST AT TALKING TO EACHOTHER!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• ok i know you want some suggestioms about what we do for our men but thats not going to solve your problem. your man came to yiou and told you how he is feeling and that is a miracle in itself. instead of asking us ask him what he feel like you should be doing he might just want you to tell him you appreciate him or he might want you to do something else. be open with him the way he was open with you.
    mom2gavahnyaand

Answer by mom2gavahnyaand at 12:56 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• It's obvious you both still love each other; and it sounds like he just needs some reassurance, and you're not sure how to give him that. Go back to how you were when you were first dating. Did you send him little text msgs "Thinking of you" for no reason? Do that again. Bake his favorite treat "just because". Let him know that you DO still love him, and you haven't become complacent. Ask him what things/behaviors, specifically, is he missing from you? Since he thinks you may not be putting forth as much effort, ask him, nicely, seriously, what things is he referring to, and what would he like you do that maybe you've stopped or slowed down doing? Have some family time together and let him know he's important. Take your baby to the park and ask him to open the jar of pickles while there. He just wants to know he's as important as he ever was. He knows, he wants you to show it.
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 1:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I always make sure he knows how much I love him. We don't have a lot of money, but just little notes or texts, or initiating sex helps. Making dinner, packing his lunch... you know, things to let him know he's on your mind, and let him know you care.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 1:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2008

• I have been married to my DH for 18 (ALMOST 19) years! here are some things I do: I send hiom little texts "I love you babe/sexy", "Think of you", sometimes when he is working leter I text him "I miss you". I aqlways tell him i love him , tell him how hot and sexy he is and how stong he is and his fave is when I call him "My manly man".
    I occassionaly send him love notes by email or I write one and put it in with his lunch. Other little things like when we are in bed watching TV or whatever I snuggle up next to him, rest my head on him then kiss him.
    Anonymous