Question about my period?

I thought I was supposed to get my period on the 4, at the latest on the 6th of this month...and no sign of my period....we've been trying since march..hubby just got a promotion and we have a big move coming up and we're losing our insurance due to it..so basically we really can't afford to be pregnant right now (of course we didn't know this 6 months ago)..I don't think I'm stressed to cause my period to not happen..I've been absolutely exhausted the last few days, an my boobs have been unusually sore..what are the chances that I'm pregnant?....do I need to wait one more week before I test, or would something show up now?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 7:43 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I'd take a test just to get it out of the way... If your period still doesn't show up after a little while, and the test was negitive, I'd still go to the doctor.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 7:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• you can test now. Medicaid is available to uninsured pregnant women. You would loose the medicaid after the baby if you make to much. Basically you just have to prove you are pregnant to get it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Also check out this website. Prenatal care will come. Promotion is good. Things will be fine.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I was on Medicaid with my first...but dh makes too much money now to qualify for it. We were put throughthe ringer with it too..it took until I was 5 months prego with Kenzie to get it approved..but the lady was someone my family knew and hated my mom so I think she pushed it back a little..
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 7:53 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• What about Cobra gap insurance?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• When exactly do you loose the insurance you have to. *If* you are pregnant and you get a contract together don't they have to honor it? Isn't that the point of a contract? I have no idea about that you would have to talk to them.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• We lose the insurance once we move..it's for the state we live in only.
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 8:00 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He hasn't been offered Cobra for the gap?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:06 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• ...lol. I'm trying.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Lol..no, he's self employed through aflac...and they don't offer insurance..
    mom_to_kenzie

Comment by mom_to_kenzie (original poster) at 8:12 PM on Oct. 9, 2010