Who cleans up after the pets?

I mean really? Who?
So they are you kids' pets but who ends up making sure they are fed and clean?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 7:47 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Pets

• The girls will feed the outside cats, but I feed the fish and clean their bowls.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• LoL. Well when we got our dog the hubs agreed that HE would be the one to feed him, put him outside, clean up the mess outside.But somehow I find ME doing it everday...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i would b/c my son is to young to understand the gravity of pets
    Kittty_Katt

Answer by Kittty_Katt at 8:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• The cats are mine, so I clean up after them. My daughter has a fish; she feeds him, but I clean out the bowl.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• The dog is my hubby's, the cat is mine. I feed and clean up after both of them.
    Tuzyae

Answer by Tuzyae at 12:32 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• The cat is my oldest son's so he has all cat duties (he's 11), the dogs are mine and my hubby's so we clean up after them, and the fish are my youngest boys (5 & 6) they feed them and help me clean out the tank when it's time.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• We made the choice to get pets as a family. But Dh and I knew that the pets would not be taken care of by the kids so we never had that expectation. The animals belong to the family and when the kids help out it is great but it is the parents responsibility to make sure the pets in the home are taken care of!

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 2:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• They are not really the kids' pets, especially if the children are under the age of say.. 10. They are the adults' pets (and the responsibility usually falls on the mother of the family truth be told) In our house, the Dogs are mine. The boys do help (fresh water inside and outside) but I do most everything else.
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 4:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I do mostly. They are mine so I clean up after them. We never bought the "kids" pets because we were smart enough to know the newness always wears off.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• me
    mysticbluemisty

Answer by mysticbluemisty at 8:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2010