My boyfriend and I have a 3 year old son together and my bf has been using cocaine for 5 months and its addicted to it. I've told him thousands of times that if he doesnt get better im leaving and taking the baby but he says that he'll try to get custody and my parents said that unless he hurts one of us that i should "suck it up" help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• First of all, he will not get custody. He may not even get visitation with dirty drug tests. Your parents are wrong and you should not just "suck it up". I'd leave. Drug addiction is way to hard to deal with.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 8:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would stop threatening to leave and actually do it. If CPS found out that he was doing drugs, then your baby would be taken away not just from him, but you too.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• im sorry you're going through this. he has to prove you as an unfit mother to actually get custody. and im sorry but you should NOT have to "suck it up" what if the cops found out about it and they find out he's doing it around the kid?!! the kid will get taken from both of you! if you have proof he's doing cocaine then do what is best for you and the kid.. get out! he has no way to prove you unfit!! and being "home with no money" isn't good enough.. trust me! i'm "home with no money" and take care of both my girls! the court didnt give custody to my ex! good luck momma!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• false. don't suck it up. he is already hurting you. maybe not physcially but he IS hurting you. Besides he's not setting a good example for your child. Plus I'm sure this causes extra tension and arguing. Also something hurtful. LEAVE LEAVE LEAVE. you can still love him and be there for him to try to help him through it but you have to get your baby out of there. I HAVE NO FORGIVENESS for something like that maybe i'm a bitch
    CLewis1226

Answer by CLewis1226 at 8:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• o wow. even if he tries to get custody you can have him drug tested, they will not give him custody. two its nearly impossible to take a child from their mother. and three if anyone were to call cps on yall for any reason and found out that he was using you could have your son taken away. i really hate that your parents aren't helping you. i wish they would your son does not need to be around that.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• how would he get custody if he can't pass a drug test?
    either way, I say go with your child, this man could get high and hurt the child or you. Just ask Sharon Osbourne about that.

ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 8:19 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Uh, sorry but your parents are idiots. He would NOT get custody if you could prove he was using drugs. Drugs destroy familes and kill. Don't stick around (IF he does't want to get better), his addiction could very well get worse, if something were to happen and the police came to your hous and found drugs or saw him high off of them, you could loose your son.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 8:20 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would leave him ASAP!!! What happens if you child finds a stash and gets into it??? Now really think about this, he can try and get custody but you know as well as I do, he's NOT going to get it if he's on drugs. All you would have to do is bring it up and a drug test will be done and he won't get custody!!

Hang in there and do what's best for your child!!!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• The fact that he is using cocaine IS hurting you! The time for talking is over. The time for action is now. There is a small child involved and his welfare is of great concern. Yours as well. I can't imagine the court system granting him custody when what he is doing is harmful to himself, and he is using an illegal substance. Now, do your parents realize that you and their grandchild are in danger? If the house was on fire, would they tell you to suck it up???
    69humblepie

Answer by 69humblepie at 8:23 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• its going to probably be very rough to leave him. but its what is best. if you ever need to just talk i'm here for you.
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 8:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2010