Allergic reaction to IUD

Is it a possibility that my uterus is having an allergic reaction to my paragard IUD? ever since I had it put in, in May I have been having major pains in my uterus, mostly on my right side about where my ovary would be, what could it be I am calling my doctors office on Tuesday when they reopen. I am just curious if it could be an allergic reaction.

aprilmommy2007

Asked by aprilmommy2007 at 8:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Health

• Of course it can... You're putting a foreign object full of hormones and chemicals in your body, allergic reactions aren't really as uncommon as people think...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:16 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• actually paraguard is hormone free, but you could still be having some kind of reaction or you body is just not tolerating it well, or that it may be out of place. I think your best bet will be seeing the doc.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010