Themes?

Do anyone use any particular themes on their Christmas Trees?

We have a live tree in the living room and I use gold and red decorations topped with an Angel then all the other rooms in the house minus the bathrooms have an artificial tree with a different theme; snowmen, antique ornaments, hunting and fishing, and cookie cutters.

Queenofscrap

Asked by Queenofscrap at 8:26 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Holidays

• I like to do themes but the past few years I have been too poor to do it! One year it was all snow flakes and snowmans with only white lights.

Another it was pink and white with my lights meticulously arranging my light bulbs: 3 white and one red to make it look a little more pink.
    The pink lights would have been too much pink.

Another year it was all old fashion home made ornaments and traditional lights. It's fun to be creative.

The best one overall was our little kids only tree. We lived in an upper apartment with lots of slopped ceilings. The only spot for our tree was under one making it possible to only have a very small tree. We let the kids determine how to decorate it and at those ages, 7. 3 and almost 2 it was the most beautiful tree ever!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 8:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I have a ton of hand made decorations from my kids. I like the country-hand made look, but I'll put anything on there. I love my tree.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 8:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• nawww. my kids are still really little so it's a mish-mash of colors, decor, etc.

someday I'd like my whole tree purple and silver. but for now everything is a multi colored mess
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I don't use a specific theme on my tree but my theme in the house is Santa. I use red, clear, and white on my tree though ;o) Soooooooo ready to decorate!

~Alyssa M.
    Helping Moms Work From Home Since 1999!
    www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com
    www.sandamaliska.blogspot.com
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 8:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Blue and silver. If you've never had a tree with all dark blue lights, you have no idea how pretty a Christmas tree with just blue lights in the dark is. The top has an angel with two white lights.
    LostTheSlipper

Answer by LostTheSlipper at 8:32 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• @alyssamal- Like I mentioned I decorate (6) different trees in my house and I am so ready to get started just like you-but I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to begin.
    Queenofscrap

Comment by Queenofscrap (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Snowmen.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:41 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Our tree has red and gold bulbs with white garland and a mix of ornaments. Some store bought, some made by me as a kid and some by my child. Half sentimental themed and half symbolic commercial themed. ie Frosty, santa, reindeer etc
    Some1Somewhere

Answer by Some1Somewhere at 8:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Not really
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 7:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes every year is different
    lOViNMOM2211

Answer by lOViNMOM2211 at 5:41 AM on Oct. 11, 2010