going from a SAHM to a working mom...

is depressing lol. at least for me. we're in a bind, and we've always said if we ever got in one i'd get a job. well, i got a job opportunity, and i'm letting them know on monday i can do it. it's at my son's school, he's in only for the morning, (preK), and they need someone to work in their nursery room, their baby teacher had to quit due to family problems. so it looks like i'm going to have to put dd in as well, so both will be full time since i'll be working full time. they will take out half of the tuition for both kids, so i'll technically be with the kids, but it brings in some money at least.

i never realized how hard it would be going from a SAHM to a working mom. i'm going to miss bringing my kids to playdates, making my own plans without having to work around a schedule...anyone know what i mean? am i the only one that's felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I use to work at my son's daycare/preschool. I really enjoyed it because I got to see him throughout the day. Occasionally, it did cause a few problems because a certain teacher kept wanting to come get me over every little thing but I put a stop to it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:37 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Just because you are going to work part time does not mean you still won't have time for all that. Your life will just be a little more organized now... as it has to be. Working moms know how to organize, let me tell you. When my kids were little, I had a friend without children. She often asked me how I managed to work full time, take care of the kids, house, etc.. and still found time to polish my nails!! LOL! We can do it all!!!!!!!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• All I wanted was to Stay at home and raise my Own Children...I was
    totally shocked at all the scams on the Internet that were targeting
    people like me.

I spent months looking, and did pay some "fees" to find out

about legitimate work from home. None of them were able to offer
    anything more than a few surveys for pay, crafts to assemble, or
    mystery shopping (all of which were nothing more than some spare
    change...not an income).

I am very excited to now Own my own Home Business.

I am working at my own pace and I have met and Teamed up with some
    Awesome Mothers and others...that have the same Goals as I DO!

I would love to share this opportunity with you. Just visit my
    website, and I will contact you with the details.

Mom's go to www.BeHomeNow.biz
    tafania

Answer by tafania at 6:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Tafania is right, you dont have to do that for long or not at all!!

There are REAL JOBS you can do from home Jobs with American Airlines, Uhual Jet Blue, 1800 Flowers, 1800 contacts, The list goes on and on.

The HILTON @ HOME. You can find a bunch of these on HomeCareerSuccess.com

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 7:28 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• lol yeah i'm organized, my kids are on a set schedule, they eat and sleep the same time every day, although now that ds is a bit older, his naps are occasional. it depends on how tired he is, sometimes he has to rest instead of sleep. I've looked into all the work at home stuff, i never could find anything...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2010