should i put a lot of emphasis on a nice guy's looks or his photo?

i am trying not to fall into the trap of an abusive man again. so i am talking just talking wiht a man who is very genuine and nice but i am takign it slow just friends for a long time. buit i asked him for a photo because if he's weird lookin gi may not be attracted or wanna keep talking... but is that goign to ruin my chances for a nice person to love me? i have to be SOMEHWAT attracted right? i know its about the whole package deal, too...

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 8:38 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Not really. For every picture tells a story and its really surprising they all are not alittle burnt round the edges.
    sunsdragonfly

Answer by sunsdragonfly at 8:44 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• That sounds kinda shallow to me. I mean, you're asking for a photo because if he's not good looking or looks less than appealing, you're going to stop talking to him? Really? There are plenty of amazing guys out there who would be perfect for you, but won't be good looking. If you enjoy talking with him, keep talking to him even if his photo is less than appealing. Give the movie "Shallow Hal" a shot and try asking that question again.

I'm sorry if this offends you, but you're being shallow about the picture.

I understand that you don't want to be in another abusive relationship. Don't you know that there are really hot and good looking guys that are abusive, too? Abusive men (and women) aren't in just one appearance category.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• yes my old slow-burn emotionally abusive guy wasn't good looking and my openly physically alcoholic abusive husband was handsome tall and dark as the devil himself. so i was just wondering ... there HAS to be a level of attraction, helloooo
    silverelf

Comment by silverelf (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2010