all of a sudden my son got an ear infection and he doesnt like anybody but me and he is getting really diff. to put to sleep is this just a phase and should i let him cry it out even if he cries so hard he will throw up

jomama2467

Asked by jomama2467 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I don't know much about cry it out but what I do know is that you don't let them cry it out until he trow up. Anyways he is sick and NEEDS attention...
    sweetyazfl

Answer by sweetyazfl at 8:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• You're an idiot.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 8:50 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• My son is 21 months old and has an ear infection as well and out of no where he is very clingy to me. He literally bawls when I walk out of the room whether it be at the daycare i work at that he comes with me or bedtime. Its so hard on him and me right now. The only thing I have found to do to help with bedtime is to stand by his bed for a few min and leave a light on in the hallway for him and leave his door open for a while. I hope your lil one adjusts soon. Mine is also cutting 2 year molars right now too :/
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 8:52 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• dont let him cry it out at all. they are finding that is NOT a good way to have a child trust adults to answer their needs. anyway, give your child infants tylenol or childrens tylenol if he is over 2. have a bedtime routine and make his room nice with a special nightlight so its not pitch dark. play some soft music. read to him! hug him and talk him to sleep. give him some milk or water to drink and say you wil ltell him a story. if he is in that much pain you need to call your doctors office and take him in and take off from work to do it. my son had lots of ear infections so i knwo what to do. also my kids always were good at bedtime. make sure he even has awesome soft pajamas to sleep in, make sure he has a stuffed animal or Several in with him. make sure he has soft blankets to use. you cant spoil a child this young by answering their needs. it may be hard but i enjoy every minute even the cryign ones cause i try to help
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• are you giving him any tylenol or motrin? He wants you all the time because he doesn't feel good and mommy makes everything better for a baby. As far as sleeping goes if he is not in any pain or hungry then he might be changing his sleep pattern and you will just have to figure out what works for him. I personally dont like CIO, but its your choice. Whatever works for your baby and you.
    kanakake

Answer by kanakake at 8:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• He has a very bad ear infection and needs medical attention. He is throwing up because the equilibrem in his ears is off; this is very painfull. He needs antibiodics,
    Dayna Z.

Answer by Dayna Z. at 8:55 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• It's not a phase; he's sick. I dont believe in CIO when they're sick. Try holding him upright; this helps w/ my sons ear infections.
    new_mom808

Answer by new_mom808 at 8:58 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• gulfcoastmom4, was that really necessary? Come on now!
    Anonymous

• thanks i know that was so rude u shouldnt have answered then... thanks eveyone for your help... i appreciate it
    jomama2467

Comment by jomama2467 (original poster) at 9:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• If he has an ear infection it is going to be painful for him to sleep. One time when my baby was around 10 months and had the last ear inf I just sat in the recliner and watched tv while he slept, when he got into a deep sleep after an hour or so I took him to his bed. He didn't sleep well, but I got some kind of rest. But while they are sick CIO is not the best idea, esp if they puke.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:18 PM on Oct. 9, 2010