How to learn to love myself

I've always struggled with low self-esteem my whole life and now I'm ready to start loving myself and being assertive. What steps can I take to get over my negative self-image?

browneyes27

Asked by browneyes27 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• i think a few too many of us have had a hard, even horrible childhood but you need to come to accept the terms what don't break us makes us stronger. as women we need to have enough confidence in ourselves and learn to love ourselves that way we can teach our daughters to do the same. you can never teach unless your able to first do on yourself. i hid a breaking point in my life and i live with many scares but the scares i have have tough me to be the woman i am today. the strong independent smart woman. you might feel that you can not live pass the fact of pains you hold inside and its not about letting go its about accepting what happen and moving forward. moving forward to better yourself so that is ever you find yourself in a deep hole you know and have the tools yo face it. i know child abuse in ever aspect of the word too well due to my pass i know abandon hate and pain as well but that knowledge helps me be who i am.
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• know that you deserve goodness and were created to be loved. keep a journal of things you love, all about YOU and each daydo somethign big or small, just to reward you be it a food, bath, walk, thought, pampering, clothes phone call, surfing etc. Exercise as this raises endorphins and looses depression. do yoga i do. make anew phone call each week. get out in nature to boost your mind and spirits. knwo that you are unique and even if lonely, are here for a purpose.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• i've realized that saying no and being assertive or tougher arent being MEAN.. they are just being YOU and askign for what you need is NOT too much... its what you need!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:57 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• http://www.therecoverygroup.org/jtr/day10.html
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 8:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Find yourself now. I had to go through 3 marriages and rear 3 children before I realized it was time for me to find "me". Many of us have emotional scars. They heal if you allow it. They never go away but they don't have to rule you. I now love myself and enjoy life. It's a process. Begin now and enjoy the journey.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:27 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• stand in front of a mirror and no matter how stupid you think this sounds do it...tell yourself that you are beautiful that you are strong that nothing and nobody can ever break you or tear you. as dumb as it sounds its a step forward because if you start believing in yourself you have then the confidence to make everyone around you believe it as well...over look the put downs and negativity of others they try to break you but just know that NOBODY CAN BREAK YOU THE ONLY PERSON THAT HAS THAT POWER IS YOU...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• I've endured a very unfortunate chilhood that has left me unsure of who I am and I am emotionally scarred by it. I know that I have to let go somehow, but sometimes I just don't know where to turn or what to do. I don't know what my purpose is in life or who I am as a person. I know what I believe in, but besides that I don't know who I am aside from my bad childhood.
    browneyes27

Comment by browneyes27 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2010