Is this a good idea?

I'm thinking of starting like a fill in wife service for single guys. Just for cooking and cleaning and errands and things. No sex. And then if I got things running I could hire a guy for a fill in husband thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Oct. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• I would not call it that at all. But to offer cleaning and cooking, errands, yes, I believe in bigger cities that would be under a concierge type business. I wouldn't use the words fill-in-wife.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:05 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I probably wouldn't call it that. It's just what I'm thinking right now.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• id be careful. there are so many perves
    iluvmymomasboys

Answer by iluvmymomasboys at 9:09 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Yea, a lot of folks take offense to these being "wife" duties.
    evelyngayle

Answer by evelyngayle at 9:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I would just start an errand service. No need to only market to one group, market it to several people- college students, full time working moms, sahm moms, single guys, single women, the elderly, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:17 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• I like the idea, however, this day and age, I'd be a little scared to. But thats just me.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 9:51 PM on Oct. 9, 2010

• Sounds tough. I fear the men may get the wrong idea.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 9:54 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• There is an errand service in New Orleans that is called "The Occasional Wife" Im not affiliated, I saw the advertisement in one of the trolleys when I was there visiting. Cool name. Over priced services but a great concept. You can google it. Ohh there is another one with a little different twist kind of like what your wanting to do its called "The French Chambermaid" you can google that to..for an idea. Read the different services they offer. Anyway, Its a great idea and it works. so go for it. Be careful. Screen your clients. Be very direct about your services. Invoice them in detail. If they expect more than what you offer, leave and dont come back (you know what Im talking about). The guys wont get the wrong idea if your real direct and address the situation before it become a problem...again screen the gentlemen. get references, etc.
    lacyjones

Answer by lacyjones at 10:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2010

• You would be starting up a home management service and they are becoming popular...it is a great idea!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010

• Just use the term Errand Service to avoid anyone getting mad. I'd almost make sure this is done in teams, in case of perverts getting the wrong idea.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2010